By entering this website, the visitor consents to the terms of this policy. By submitting his/her Information to Trent Hypermarket Private Limited (THPL), the visitor will be treated as having given his/her permission for processing the same in a manner provided in this policy.
THPL iscommittedto take reasonable precautions to protect information consisting of Personal information and `Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ (SPDI) (“Information”) of visitors of this website and our Stores.This privacy statement describes how we collect and use your personal information and data. It applies to all visitors of this website and our Stores.THPLisa"data controller". It describes THPL’s policies and procedures on the collection, usage and disclosure of Information provided/received by natural persons and meets the requirements established under:
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Section 43A;
- The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011.
This statement does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this statement at any time.
It is important that visitors read this statement, together with any other privacy statement we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Information covered under this Policy
- Information given by the visitors (such as your Name, Mobile Number, Email Address, Date of Birth, Date of Anniversary, Marital Status, Gender, IP Address, Delivery Address, Payment Mode)
- Information we collect when visitors contact us, visit our sites, use our mobile applications or services. We may combine any and all of this information to help create better products, services, and consumer experiences
Collection of Information
- We collect personal information about data through various methods; store purchases, online purchases. Either directly from data subjects or sometimes from a third party acting on our behalf or third party tools.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where visitors have given us explicit consent to do so.
- To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorized access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution.
- To conduct data analytics studies to review and better understand customer satisfaction and needs.
- Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of visitor’s personal information.
If You Fail to Provide Personal Information
If visitors fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing a benefit)
We will only use visitor’s personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you.
Please note that we may process the personal information without visitor’s knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Use of Information and Particularly Sensitive Personal Information
"Special categories" of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. We may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
- In limited circumstances, with visitor’s explicit written consent.
- Where we need to carry out our legal obligations
- Where it is needed in the public interest, such as for requested for by CBI, police or governmental authorities.
Less commonly, we may process this type of information where it is needed in relation to legal claims or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else's interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public.
- Send the products and services visitor asks for.
- Processing visitor’s order, corresponding and fulfilling visitor’s transaction requests.
- Contacting visitor via surveys to conduct research about your opinion
- Tell visitor about our marketing partners’ products and services
- We may combine any and all of visitor’s information to help create better products, services, and consumer experiences
- Help us run our sites and services
Disclosure of Information
- With our carefully selected partners so that they can send offers, promotions, or advertisements about their products and services we believe a visitor may be interested in
- With other companies we hire to help us to provide you services wherein we may share visitor’s name, address, mobile number and email address for optimum services
- As part of amalgamation, takeover, assignment, novation of the brand or business to another company
- To help us prevent fraud or information security breach
- When required by law or government authorities
Third Party Service Providers
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect visitor’s personal information in line with our policies.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use visitor’s personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process visitor’s personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How We Safeguard Your Information
- We respect visitor’s personal information and take appropriate steps to safeguard it from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access or alteration
- We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the prevailing laws to ensure the protection and preservation of personal information
- We have a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards/measures in place to actively protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of visitor’s personal information
- We have managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures for protecting visitor’s personal information
- Where appropriate, these steps can include technical measures including but not limited to firewalls, prevention systems and encryption
Minors Accessing the Website
THPL shall not be held liable for any transactions done at our Store or on the website by a minor representing that he/she is a major. Contracts entered by minors are void ab initio as per Indian law.
By accessing our website and / or visiting our Store and / or by giving any Information provided to us in person, the visitor consents to the terms and conditions of this policy.
Right of Correction, Modification and Erasure
- It is important that the information that we hold about a visitor is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your association with us. This will help us to provide you better services.
- Visitors have a right to ask us to modify, update, correct or delete your personal information available with us. In case you wish to do that you may connect with our stores or customer support team.
- Cookies are small files sent to visitor’s computer as they surf the web. It stores useful information about how a visitor interact with the websites one visits. Cookies do not collect any information stored on your computer or device or in your files. Cookies do not contain any information that would directly identify you as a person.
- to serve a visitor with relevant advertising
- to learn more about the way a visitor interacts with Star Bazar’s content
- help us improve visitor’s experience when visiting our website
- to remember visitor’s preferences
- to identify errors and resolve them
- to analyse how well our websites is performing
- Visitors can set their browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent to your computer. However, this may prevent our site or services from working properly. Visitors can also set their browser to delete cookies every time they finish browsing
Visitor’s Rights in Connection with Personal Information
If a visitor wants to review, verify, correct or request erasure of its personal information, object to theprocessing of its personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact ________________________ in writing.
Processing and Retention
As a general rule, we store visitor’s data for only as long as it is needed to complete the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law. However, we may need to store visitor’s data for longer period to honourtheir future requests and to comply with legal or other obligations
We have put in place measures to protect the security of visitor’s information.
Third parties will only process visitor’s personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially, legally and securely.
Modifications of Terms of Policy
We reserve the right to update, change, alter or modify this Policy, from time to time, without any prior notification to you. Such change shall come into effect from the date of such update, change, alteration or modification.
Feedback or Concern
For feedback or concern, if any, kindly contact:
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org